Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums
XNA Resources
XNA Resources ->  General Discussion -> XNA Resource News -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Welcome to the (partially) new XNAResources with Updated Tutorials
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> XNA Resource NewsMessage format

Kurt Jaegers
Posted 2010-11-09 7:27 AM (#163)
Subject: Welcome to the (partially) new XNAResources with Updated Tutorials

For several years now, I've been using a blogging platform that, while great when I started with it, has showed some issues over the years. It has been very difficulty to revise existing content because it doesn't handle embedded code very well (less than and greater than signs really mess it up).

In order to update my content for XNA 4.0, I decided that I first needed to update the backend of XNAResources, so this is that new site. I know it doesn't look very different right now... a visual makeover is on the way as well, but isn't completed yet. Here is a rundown if the major changes right now:

• Updated Backend - While mostly invisible, the updated backend makes it much easier to work on new and updated content.

• Message Forum - As part of the new back end, there is now a MegaBBS forum attached to the site. I haven't done a lot of skinning on the forum as of yet, as I am waiting for the new visual design of the main site to be completed before skinning the forum to match. I have create a few discussion areas, and I will try to answer as many questions as possible related to content on XNAResources.

• Links Area Removed - The old Links section (which was managed by the blogging platform indicated above) has been removed for now, and replaced by the forums link. I will work on building a list of links to good XNA and game development resources to replace the previous links page.

• Placeholder Pages - A few of the buttons at the top of the page lead to placeholder pages for now, as I work on deciding what direction to go with them. For example, the On-Screen Keyboard component which was on the components pages was written for pre-1.0 XNA, and isn't needed any longer since the Guide class provides an on-screen keyboard for you.

• RSS Feed - The RSS feed is currently down, but I will be writing a replacement RSS generator in the next day or so, so it will be back shortly.

• Comments - I wrote a C# program to transfer all of the news articles over from the old site, but I didn't get a chance to transfer the comments. The new comments are based on forum responses to news posts, so there wasn't an easy way to transfer them to the new site.

The Star Defense and Sprite Engine tutorials have been updated for XNA 4.0, and a new (revamped) Tile Engine Tutorial series is in the works (I have a few parts finished and will link them in the near future). Other pieces of the old content (color key picking, and the Zune tutorials) will be brought back/updated over the next few weeks.

Update: The problem that was preventing the tutorials from displaying properly has been fixed... Spelling plus Cut 'n Paste will get you every time!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software