Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums
XNA Resources
XNA Resources ->  General Discussion -> XNA Resource News -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

3D Graphics with XNA Game Studio 4.0
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> XNA Resource NewsMessage format

Kurt Jaegers
Posted 2011-02-21 5:01 PM (#258)
Subject: 3D Graphics with XNA Game Studio 4.0

As I indicated a few weeks ago, I recently received a copy of 3D Graphics with XNA Game Studio 4.0 by Sean James of Innovative Games. I've now had the opportunity to read through the book and try out the code samples.

The book begins, as you might expect, with a brief discussion of the XNA system, and introduces the implementation specifics of things like coordinate systems, projections, and transforms. By the end of the first chapter, Sean has laid out the fundamentals of loading models and setting up different types of 3D cameras. Next, Sean turns to a discussion of HLSL (High Level Shader Language), a topic which will, in one form or another, touch almost everything else that the book covers.

The remainder of the book is a rapid-fire implementation of a variety of different 3D effects, covering lighting, shadows, billboarding, environmental effects, model animations, and more. Sean hits the highlights in the explanatory text for each of the techniques introduced, though 3D beginners may feel a bit overwhelmed at first. The book is aimed at an intermediate level, and familiarity with C# and some aspects of XNA will be definate pluses.

The sheer volume of interesting techniques presented is excellent, and will be particularly useful if you have a grasp of 3D concepts from working in other languages/frameworks and want to move those skills to XNA. Current XNA developers looking to make the jump to 3D will find a wealth of HLSL and XNA code here to be exploited in their own games and engines.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
fleanbilly
Posted 2011-06-26 12:55 AM (#299 - in reply to #258)
Subject: Re: 3D Graphics with XNA Game Studio 4.0

New user

This book did not get alot of favorable reviews on amazon.com because of many code/misprint type errors. Did you find that also? I was thinking about picking it up?

I am a newcomer here, great great articles, very helpful. Thank you.

Bill
Kurt Jaegers
Posted 2011-06-26 5:35 AM (#300 - in reply to #299)

There are a number of typos... If you have some level of familiarity with 3D graphics concepts, they are fairly easy to spot, but they are there.
chkopo
Posted 2012-08-06 1:50 AM (#498 - in reply to #258)

New user

Guten Tag!

Ich habe problem mit diesem function( matrix.createLookat). wie muss man berechnen?

http://www.daniweb.com/software-development/game-development/thread...

Mit diesem source habe ich gemacht, aber ist manche element falsh.

please help me!
vielen dank!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software