Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums
XNA Resources
XNA Resources ->  General Discussion -> XNA Resource News -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Microsoft Surface... and XNA?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> XNA Resource NewsMessage format

Kurt Jaegers
Posted 2012-10-26 7:43 PM (#529)
Subject: Microsoft Surface... and XNA?

I got my Microsoft Surface tablet today, and must say I really like the device. It is solidly built, and while it does not run x86 applications, it is very much Windows under the hood. Microsoft has not come forward with a release of XNA that works with Surface devices, however.

There is an open source project that aims to fill that gap. The MonoGame project is a rewrite of the XNA Framework libraries, using no Microsoft code, that can be used to compile XNA games for iOS, Android, Mac OSX, Linux, and Windows 8. I gave it a shot last week and was able to convert the Star Defense game project in just a few minutes to run as a Windows 8 App. The current pre-built binary for MonoGame (3.0 beta as of this writing) contains an older version of SharpDX, so it can't handle sound effects right now, but a fixed version is in the works.

I'm planning on converting a larger game project (The enhanced version of the Flood Control game I released on the Windows Phone store) using MonoGame and documenting the process. I will post about what interesting things I encounter during the process here over the next week or so.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software